Dawn Lady!

 


We wake up early when it’s still inky

World’s snoozing and snooping 

When we run for our purpose, for our living

Thee, for belly feeding and I for healing 

Thee for wealth and I for health.

We are similar, yet so different.


Your face smeared but eyes glittered 

Searching for the silent stars, 

Which also I do, I in sky you on earth

Your crimson-yellow scarf secure your scars, my black hood the bars!

And We both disappear as the sun appears!

Still, street dogs seems not so friendly to you as they are to me, 

Probably that’s why you carry a stick which is untold to me. 

Thy shoulder carries a big sack, as if bearing the Titan's load, 

Thy hands toil in tandem, as mine in the pockets act like nil happened. 

We seem similar, yet so different 


You walk slow, while I wish to run

Yet we have an unspoken conversation

Eyes talk, they say

Never faithed that, but today I may

As we pace the same path together

Same yet so different


Though, We seek happiness in the things we ought to do. But i wish to ask you

Do the fine breeze, the yellow moon, birds chirping mean the same to you?

May be yes, as you feel what I feel, you hear what I hear

Or May be not, because you seek things down and I seek things up there! 

At the similar age, on the same road we both travel every morning, 

In dark we start the same path but depart differently at dawn

When you leave, you earn

While I leave I learn! 

O lady ragpicker! We are same yet so different.

Let’s see you next dark morning then.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to score 300+ marks in Anthropology Part 1

How to score 300+ in Anthropology Part 2

Anthropological Perspectives on an Army station